Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Hamz96 Top Student
Top Student
3 0 3
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Connecting to wifi problems on laptop - all other devices connected

Hi i am having problems on my laptop as i cannot connect to wifi sometimes it connects then it goes off all my other devices connected to the same network are working fine. Any help will be appreciated

5 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1161 2306
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Hamz96,

Good Day! Thanks for reaching out! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. It will be a delight to assist you.:) I understand that you need assistance to connect to the wifi network.

You’ve done great diagnosing the issue from your end and kudos to you for that.  You are a valued HP customer and it is a genuine pleasure to assist you here.

To help you better I would require more information.

• When did this first happen?
  • Did you run any updates on the computer?
  • Does the wifi F12 key light turn off when wifi does not work?
  • Does it work using a hard wired ethernet cable?
  • Please provide the complete model# and operating system of the unit.

If it has worked before you could run a system restore to a good known working date before this happened to try and correct the situation.

Link for system restore: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

If this does not work please try these steps.

• Open windows Control Panel, open Power Options and next to your currently selected power plan, click Change plan setting.  In the following window, click Change advanced power settings.  In the next window, open up 'Wireless Adapter Settings' and then open up 'Power Saving Mode'.  Next to On battery: click the current setting and a drop-down box will appear - select 'Maximum Performance'.  Do the same for Plugged in.  Then click Apply and Ok to save these settings.
  •  
  • Restart the notebook and see if this has helped the issue.
  •  
  • Also open device manager. Go to Network adapters and expand it. Select the wireless network adapter for your device by right-clicking on it and clicking on properties. Then go to power management option and uncheck the box that says” Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Also, check the box that says “Allow this device to wake the computer”
  • Please visit these links for further assistance: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/8499326/model/8942890/document/c0464917...
  • Link 2: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues#network-prob...

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Trust me I have done all I can to help by keeping your best interest in mind. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Hamz96 Top Student
Top Student
3 0 3
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your reply sorry for the late reply. The laptop is the 

HP Notebook - 15-r211na

It first happened more than a week ago. Also i did have a windows update which i did around 2 weeks ago.The f12 wifi key light does not turn off when wifi is not working. I have tried with the ethernet cable and it works. 

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1161 2306
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Hamz96,

I thank you for the reply. Please ;let me know if  you've performed all the steps  from the links that I've sent you and if the issue has been resolved or not? I have sent you several links which are trusted and tested solutions. Please reach out anytime and I am always there to assist you.

Trust me I have done all I can to help by keeping your best interest in mind. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Hamz96 Top Student
Top Student
3 0 3
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your help but i tried them solutions but they have not worked. I think it is a problem with the wifi adaptor as it also cannot find any wifi networks except mine where normally it can find about 6 others so what can i do.

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1161 2306
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Hamz96,

I read your post and reviewed it. Thanks for replying. If all troubleshooting steps have been tried and the WLAN card still does not work and if you've successfully done a recovery and it still does not connect to the wireless internet, then as you rightly said it may be an issue with the wifi card which needs to be replaced. If you think you could replace it or get it fixed locally, then please visit this link to buy the wifi card: http://partsurfer.hp.com

You could also contact hp to order the card by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp

Trust me I have done all I can to help by keeping your best interest in mind. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation