Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an Problem with my Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. When I try to connect my EliteBook 840 with Miracast (Connect with Wireless Display, "Win+P") then the Display Adapter shows "Connecting to PC" for a few second but on my Notebook stands "Try again to connect with the Device" in yellow.

I tried it also with my Elitebook 850 and it worked fine.

But on my 850 there is Intel Wireless Display installed, so can this be a reason?

Things I tried:

•            Update the Graphics Driver (Intel (R) HD Graphics 520)
  •            Reinstall the Graphics driver
  •            Update the Network Driver (Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260)
  •            Reinstall the Wi-Fi Driver
  •            Change the frequency band to 2.4GHz
  •            Deactivate the Anti-Virus-Program (Symantec Endpoint Protection)
  •            Reset the Wireless Adapter (I used v1 and v2 from the Adapter)
  •            Firmware on the Wireless Adapter is up-to-date
  •            Deactivate the Firewall       
  •            Windows Updates installed
  •            The trouble shooting tips from Microsoft

System-Infos:

•           HP Elitebook 840 G3
  •           Miracast: Available, with HDCP
  •           Windows 10
  •           Intel HD Graphics 520
  •           Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC8260
  •          Symantec Endpoint Protection
  •          Windows Build: 14393.970
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.