Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360Convert15m-ed0023dx 9HP24UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I try and present during a Google Meet, which I do everyday as a teacher, my Chrome crashes. I tried to even present my screen and have all the needed tabs ready before my Meet fills up. However, if I have a tab that I need to open and move into the screen that is being shared, Chrome stops responding and I have to use the task manager to close it.

My temporary workaround has been to use Firefox, which is not the ideal. My Chrome is the latest version and I disable any unnecessary extensions. When poking around the internet, it seems that most people who have this issue are using BRAND NEW HP's. Sadly, I already gave up on returned a previous model before this one. Chrome started crashing during my Meet on the previous model as well. On my old 2017 HP, this is not a problem, and that notebook only has an i5 processor and 8GB of RAM. 

What is going on? Why can't a computer company as large as HP handle a feature of the most used internet browser? I spent the money on an i7 processor with 12GB RAM so that I could use video conferencing online. I have been struggling with this problem for weeks. 

Even if a support agent or community member can't help me, I hope that HP takes note that their new products are not performing. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.