kjsimental
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Crashing When Presenting in Google Meet on Chrome

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360Convert15m-ed0023dx 9HP24UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I try and present during a Google Meet, which I do everyday as a teacher, my Chrome crashes. I tried to even present my screen and have all the needed tabs ready before my Meet fills up. However, if I have a tab that I need to open and move into the screen that is being shared, Chrome stops responding and I have to use the task manager to close it.

My temporary workaround has been to use Firefox, which is not the ideal. My Chrome is the latest version and I disable any unnecessary extensions. When poking around the internet, it seems that most people who have this issue are using BRAND NEW HP's. Sadly, I already gave up on returned a previous model before this one. Chrome started crashing during my Meet on the previous model as well. On my old 2017 HP, this is not a problem, and that notebook only has an i5 processor and 8GB of RAM. 

What is going on? Why can't a computer company as large as HP handle a feature of the most used internet browser? I spent the money on an i7 processor with 12GB RAM so that I could use video conferencing online. I have been struggling with this problem for weeks. 

Even if a support agent or community member can't help me, I hope that HP takes note that their new products are not performing. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation