jandren Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DeskJet 3520 AIO - Can't print mails fr Samsung Galaxy S6

Hi friends,

Everything has worked perfect until today!

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6. I have a HP DeskJet 3520 AIO.

Today, when trying to print from either the email app TypeApp or Telia E-post app I can not!

Yesterday it worked just fine...!

(To print other documents though works just fine, just like before.)

I get the message (translated from Swedish): "It was impossible to change the settings. Try again."

Then the "AIO hp printer app" gets "locked" in this status. Trying to "back out" using the bottom right button doesn't work.

Pressing left bottom button takes you out and I can close the app.

I have tried many times. I have forced stop on all included apps, cleaned casche and also un- and rein-plugged the printer powe cable.

I have also cleaned the phone from all trash, checked for viruses etc.

I have shut of and restarted the phone.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled ALL apps as well as the Printer, but problem doesn't go away.

Please help!

Med vänlig hälsning / Best Regards
Johan
9 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello@jandren,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in fixing the printing issue on your Phone. I will definitely help you.

AS you have mentioned that you already have used HP All-In-One printer remote app and it’s not working.

I recommend you to try the HP ePrint app and check if that solves the issue.

I request you to have only one printing app on the phone as multiple apps for the same purpose might create issue similar to what you explained in your post.

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

jandren Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your support Resolv_S!

Have worked perfectly for me for months until yesterday. I can print everything with it except mails.
Then it locks as I described above.

I have now spent long time trying to learn Hp ePrint.

Probably I have not found "the right way" to use it?

Unfortunately this app does not come up as a choice when selecting "print" from type my email apps...

The only solution to print an email with Hp ePrint is to go from Hp ePrint and choose to print an email.

Then the only choice I get is Outlook. When selecting this and looks up the mail to print, the printed page look like crap and it coes with no header nor info to who your sent it to, no subject and no timestamp.

Only the email "pure text" is printed and without any space between rows etc...

This is unfortunately not usable.

- Or am I doing something wrong?

Best Regards,
Johan
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey@jandren,

Thanks for the response.

There will be limitations to printing from Phone to that of printing from PC. Few things will be compromised.

But again, printing the email through HP ePrint is only as you mentioned in your Post.

I have considered the suggestion you have mentioned and will forward those as suggestions on priority to be considered to have the UI reworked by the app development team.

Hope this helps. Please share for more assistance.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

jandren Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My crappy solution is to "print emails" is to take several screenshots, cut out the mail parts, import them to a pic editor and then copy/paste into a word document... :-(
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 921 1405
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @jandren

Thanks for the update. I would like to jump in with a suggestion :)

One other customer had a very similar issue and was able the fix the same.

Please go through this thread: http://hp.care/2jbpqd7 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
jandren Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Dvortex,

Thanks for your support!

I followed the link and stopprd the Samsung Print Services plugin as suggested, this it did unfortunately not solve my problem...

/Johan
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8121 482 914
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I would like to know if you have installed HP Print Service Plugin. Click here

Please do check for the email application updates. 

You can check in the print settings provided by the email application you are using.

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

jandren Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for you support!

It is installed...

Printer settings are as they should.

It jist stopped to be able to print from one day to anoyher...
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 921 1405
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @jandren

I am afraid that's all I have got at the moment.

I would request you contact HP phone support for ePrint issues to try and resolve this,

Please contact HP Cloud services at 1-855-785-2777 if you are from North America region. Please call them on business hours.

If you are from any other region, you can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you :)

Have a great day :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation