cancel
dmann1977 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Diagnostic Policy Service not running?Can anyone assist me in fixing this?

HP DV6-6B26US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When trying to connect to the internet I get,"Problem found;Diagnostic Policy Service isn't running",could someone assist me with the details tovfix this.It would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,320 3,302 178 337
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Diagnostic Policy Service not running?Can anyone assist me in fixing this?

Hi@dmann1977,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Need to help in resolving the error. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

This issue may occur when the account Trusted installer is missing the permissions for the key below:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS\Parameters

Permission needed: Full Control, Read

Follow these methods mentioned below and check,

Method 1: Start the Diagnostics Policy Services

1. Press Window+ R for Run.

2. Type Services.msc

3. Restart the Diagnostics Policy Services.

Method 2:  Give permission to DPS registry key

1. Press Window+ R for Run.

2. Type Regedit

3. In Registry Editor (click start, type “Regedit” and hit enter), browse to the above-mentioned key for which you need  to add permission.

4. Right-click the key, and click Permissions. (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS\Parameters)

5. Click “Add” Button under usernames. Make sure Locations is selected to be the local computer.

6. In the "Enter the object names to select field, type "NT SERVICE\mpssvc". Then click “Check name.”

7. Click OK.

8. Then select the account which appears in the list, and add the appropriate permission (Full Control, Read) for it.

9. When this is done, click OK.

Method 3: Also follow the below link and check if it helps,

Fix network connection issues

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. Kindly update the status.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation