Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs1975nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the same problem as described about a year ago in this topic by another member of the communty: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/DisplayLink-docking-station-for-dual-...

My HP notebook is not working properly when it is connected to any docking station with a 'display link' chipset. (I tried a StarTech and a Fujitsy docking station). Connected Mouse and keyboards show hick-ups and are multiplying key-output from time to time. This is so annoying that those docking stations are useless in combination with my 15-cs1957nd notebook.

I tried different keyboards and mouses (wired and wireless, HP and non-HP branded). Also all drivers (Intel, StarTech, Fujitsu, Keyboard and Mouse) are up-to-date.

I find it disappointing that I found a topic from more than a year ago with the same problem as mine in this forum. One should think HP would have fixed this problem by now?!?

Alas, the workaround provided in the older topic about this problem doesn't work for me (can't find the correct driver in the download)

Maybe anyone here can help me with a proper solution for this problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Seems a recent BIOS-update solved my problem!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.