Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My new headset is paired with my HP laptop, but even when "connected" no sound comes out. Sound works with audio jack, but not bluetooth. Headset specs say laptop bluetooth function must support music playback connect (A2DP). Hope someone can help me :-).

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Hikerval As per the page. 2 of Chapter 1 Product description of your product's maintenance and service guide, it doesn't look like the device supports A2DP or it would have been mentioned under the Wireless networking section.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I just viewed a YouTube video that demonstrated deleting the current Bluetooth software and installing an Intel product that provides this functionality. Are you aware of this and/ or do you think it is a solution to my problem? 

HP Recommended

@Hikerval Depends, on what video you are referring to? Also, if the feature isn't available/supported on the hardware component, installing the software alone wouldn't make any difference, technically speaking, although, if you trust that source, go ahead with the same and let me know how that goes.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. There are several videos showing the intel install...I honestly don’t know if they are trustworthy. If the Windows Bluetooth doesn’t work for me, is there any risk of deleting it and downloading The intel?

HP Recommended

@Hikerval There's no risk as such, if you are installing it from the Intel website, after it's removed, there shouldn't be any issue as such,

If you do have issues, you can make use of the drivers available on the HP website and get back to how its intended to work via HP.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so very much for your support! I can’t believe how responsive and helpful you are. 
I will let you know if it works to install intel !

Aloha,

Valerie

HP Recommended

@Hikerval The pleasure is all mine, 

Please take your time and let me know how that goes.

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.