cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_Florida
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Does the Envy 5055 have a wired connection capability?

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 6Envy 5055
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am in a hotel, both my laptop and my printer are on networks, but apparently not the same network; while the IT service in the hotel is attempting a fix, I am thinking to get a cable and print/scan on a wired connection.  I cannot recall if this is possible with an Envy 5055

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,618 92,496 11,971 25,526
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jim_Florida 

Firstly I would not connect my printer to a public network, that is one way to invite others to use my printer with very expensive inks. You should be able to connect direct but for your environment this could cause online/offline very often.

Yes, your printer supports USB connection, all you have to do is to buy a USB printer cable (for few dollars). The flat end goes to the computer and the square end goes to the back of printer.

USB Type A to Type B Cable

Note: you also need to install printer software/drivers as we always have to do.

Regards.

Note again: I will move this post to Printer board.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation