Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I installed WIndows 7 x64 fresh on my laptop (not from the recovery disk).  After installation, I ran HP's following driver package files, which I already had on my laptop.  sp53796 and sp56282.  My video and audio drivers are installed ok.  But I still don't get wifi and USB.  Therefore, I cannot connect to the Internet and download drivers.  Can someone please direct me to the driver for wifi and USB?  Or a driver package, that would install all essential drivers?  

Imran.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Imran:

You need this wireless card driver for that device...

This package contains the drivers for the supported Atheros Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54972.exe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this usb driver:  Note that this is for the USB3 port(s).  Your notebooks USB2 ports should be working.

This package contains the Renesas USB 3.0 driver. This driver is available for supported notebook models with supported operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54511.exe

As you can see from the driver page, there are many different wireless card drivers listed so please post the hardware ID for the device you see in the device manager labeled as a Network Controller, and then I will post the link to the driver you need for that.

To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the device you see listed as a Network Controller.

That is the wireless card that needs the driver.

Click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended
Hi Paul,

I see this in the first line:

PCI/VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_1461103C&REV_01

Imran.
HP Recommended

Hi, Imran:

You need this wireless card driver for that device...

This package contains the drivers for the supported Atheros Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54972.exe

HP Recommended
Paul,

This worked. Many thanks. You're an angel.

Imran.
HP Recommended
You're very welcome.
HP Recommended

Paul,

Is this laptop compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 10?  

Imran. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no driver support from HP for W10, but there is for W8.

That doesn't necessarily mean the notebook won't work on W10, unless your model has the switchable AMD/Intel graphics, which in that case, the graphics will probably not work.

But since I don't have your model notebook and never tested W8, 8.1 or W10 on it, I wouldn't be able to tell you whether or not everything works like it does on W7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.