Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drops WiFi

HP ProBook x360 11 G3 EE Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought my notebook and it does not stay connected to my WiFi. I thought at first it was my internet but other devices in our home will run fine. My connection after it kicks me off will show it is connected. I have to disconnect and reconnect to the internet. But it only lasts for another 10 minutes. Is there a step I may have missed in the setup phase? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
104665 95216 14668 22552
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drops WiFi

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook come with?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

0 Kudos
SamBrad10 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drops WiFi

It says Realtek

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
104665 95216 14668 22552
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drops WiFi

So, your notebook has the Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac wifi adapter.

Realtek has been working on getting the bugs out of that model wifi card for a while, and they may be closing in on a fix.

I have zipped up and attached below, a driver update that Realtek released to the Microsoft Update Catalog last month.

04/25/2019,   2024.0.8.106

You will have to manually install this driver, as there is no exe file included.

Download and unzip the attached file to its folder.

Go to the device manager.  Click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac wifi adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC, and hopefully the dropped connection problem will be resolved.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation