Renzo_Dani
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite Thunderbolt 3 Ethernet driver

Elite Thunderbolt 3 Dock
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've an Elite Thunderbolt 3 Dock connected to my ZBook, everithing is working except for the Ethernet network adapter.

In device manager it appears under Other devices as "Ethernet Controller"  with a problem icon.

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

I've searched on hp support for a driver but I couldn't find any, there is only the "ASMedia eXtensible Host Controller (xHCI) Driver".

Any solution?

Which driver I can use?

3 REPLIES 3
Level 17
Level 17
40,525 40,312 6,321 11,013
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Zbook what? 

There is a driver for the dock itself which I believe includes the ethernet over Tbolt driver:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=8693774&swItemId=ob_177177_1&swEnvOid=419...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Renzo_Dani
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That doesn't solve the problem.

The dock I have (as written in the bootom of device):

"HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 Dock / HP ZBook Thunderbolt 3 Dock HP, HQ-TRE,71025"

0 Kudos
demosthenes2040
1 1 0 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try this driver http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78518.exe

It is the Broadcom Ethernet Controller Drivers -64bit (BNB) driver.  No flipping idea why this isn't included as a part of the default driver set for this "docking station" (unless HP plans on swapping out network controller vendors)  Even using the HP Support Assistant it still won't recognize this as a missing driver or update it.  This driver fixed the missing device for us on our Zbook 15 G3 units.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation