Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elite X2 1012 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings.

I recently bought a used Elite X2 1012 G2 with a HS3210 WWAN card.

Since I wanted to upgrade to an LTE one, I bought an HP LT4120, that is listed as compatible on the notebook manual.

Well, on that WWAN card, the AUX and MAIN antenna connectors are reversed! Hence, I can't connect the two cables (5 for MAIN and 6 for AUX) because I would have to reverse them, and the "6" cable is too short!

How is this even possible considering the HP LT4120 is listed as compatible in the manual?

How can I solve?

Thanks in advance.

InkedIMG_20210114_205900431_LI.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't see how you can fix the problem.  Every HP LT4120 module I could find has the terminals arranged like yours.

if the card works fine with the antenna wires attached the opposite way, I wouldn't be concerned.

HP Recommended

The WWAN connection works, but to be honest it isn't super fast. 

What I cannot tell is wether it is working worse than intended due to the reversal.

Anyone has a clue?

In the meanwhile, thank you for your answer, Paul!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I noticed in your screenshot that you didn't have the left antenna wire connected.

Hopefully you connected it after you took the picture.

Unless you re-route the antenna wire (if you even can), I don't see what options you have.

HP Recommended

I know, I temporarily placed the card there just to take the picture (in fact they're both disconnected).

I tested it with everything connected as it should. 

Anyway, as you correctly pointed out, rerouting isn't possible, the wire simply isn't long enough.

But I can't stop thinking that there must be a reason if an antenna is marked as main and the other as aux.. 

HP Recommended

I agree with you.

But anything I can find, no one can specifically explain the difference, such as this...

A couple of questions about laptop internal WiFi antennas. : techsupport (reddit.com)

There have been a couple of times where I have found that switching the antenna wires provided better reception than having them connected as designed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.