Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Email

Can get on internet and receive Emails - but can not send Emails - get either an error message or Email just stays on screen and does not go into sent items or out box

Any suggestion - (new comer to IT - first computor and first time on internet and Email from home)

Regards

SO136

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Email

Wow, this is your first computer and first time on the internet? My first question would be what are you using to send the email? Are you using Microsoft Outlook, or Out look express, or Mozilla Mail. I think we need to first know what sort of mail client you are using. Because it probably an out going SMTP setting problem.

Any what service are you using as an email? is it a work email account, gmail, hotmail, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Email

I'm on Windows Live Mail.  Right now the server is not connected.  From the issue of Microsoft Live for  #7, I tried to change BACK to Outlook Express---oh, I need Microsoft Outlook?  I also get messages about low memory.  

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation