Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 32 32a0002ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

i've got some annoying Wifi problems with my new Envy 32 All-in-One PC.

It started at 20th of March. After powering on the machine the Wifi isn`t connected. I can see all the Wifi Networks but i can`t connect. I tried my personal Wifi, also another one and my phone hotspot. Nothing works. The Eventlog shows error 5002 (RTWlanE / Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter: Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly. (translated from german)).

When i reboot the machine everything works fine. But i have to reboot it every single time after i turn the pc on for the first time.

After disabling Sleepmode of the Networkcard (Device Manager) and after disabling "Fastboot" it seemed to work without the additional reboots. Of course the boot time is slower because of that.

But in the last days or weeks the problem occurs also with disablesd FastBoot.

As it is an AIO i can't just change the card for testing purposes because it is glued together.

The F2 on Startup - Test works fine and tells me Wifi is okay. Also this tests works fine using the HP Hardware Diagnostics in Windows - but only if i did the reboot. Without reboot it freezes.

The driver is 2024.0.10.209 with date 04.12.2019.

Any ideas? Is this a common problem? I really don't want to send the big monster back to hp...

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

I don't want to annoy you by posting stuff you already tried, but inevitably I will.

COMMAND LINE

C:\>ping 127.0.0.1
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Means you have an adapter installed and working, not necessarily Wi-Fi.

C:\>netsh wlan show interfaces

Description : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter
State : connected
Channel : 13
Receive rate (Mbps) : 72.2
Transmit rate (Mbps) : 72.2
Signal : 80%

Can you get that far?

HP Recommended

Hi,

if WIFI works (after reboot) i get

C:\Users\Envy>netsh wlan show interfaces

Es ist 1 Schnittstelle auf dem System vorhanden:

Name : WLAN
Beschreibung : Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter
GUID : xxx
Physische Adresse : xxx
SSID : MEINWLAN
BSSID : xxx
Netzwerktyp : Infrastruktur
Funktyp : 802.11n
Authentifizierung : WPA2-Personal
Verschlüsselung : CCMP
Verbindungsmodus : Automat. Verbindung
Kanal : 6
Empfangsrate (MBit/s) : 144.4
Übertragungsrate (MBit/s) : 144.4
Signal : 100%
Profil : xxx

Status des gehosteten Netzwerks : Nicht verfügbar

...and if not...

C:\windows\system32>netsh wlan show interfaces

Es ist 1 Schnittstelle auf dem System vorhanden:

Name : WLAN
Beschreibung : Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter
GUID : xxx
Physische Adresse : xxx
Funkstatus : Hardware Ein
Software Ein

Status des gehosteten Netzwerks : Nicht verfügbar

HP Recommended

Hi

Empfangsrate (MBit/s) : 144.4
Übertragungsrate (MBit/s) : 144.4
Signal : 100%

Excellent.  So.........

I prefer to fix my IP address where practicable, and my gateway address etc etc.

Also I occasionally post something silly and get egg on my face, but......

Eth IPv4.pngNetwork PolyGlot.pngWiFi Interference.png

Unlikely given the 100% signal, Channel being flooded by nearby Wi-Fi of neighbours?

HP Recommended

Fixed IP ode Wifi channels aren't the problem here - unfortunately.

Tried both before and also 2,4 and 5GHz but as EVERY TIME a reboot fixes the issue it's something about "starting" the network adapter.

"Starting" the adapter fails often on normal boot and EVERY TIME on fastboot boots. And after a reboot it works 100% - every time and for the whole time of usage.

I tried 5 driver versions by now:

2024.0.10.208 - .212

Every single one of it has the same issue.

It could be a hardware problem but i don't get why a reboot always fixes it. Also the device is completely normal in the device manager. No yellow exclaimation mark, nothing.

HP Recommended

Hi

Last idea and it maybe a weird BIOS setting.

HP Recommended

I kind of solved it!

It sound weird, but the solution is:

- Disconnect the HDMI IN cable from the All-in-One

But one thing after another. I wondered when the problem occured first and checked the eventlog for this information.

It was the 20th of March which is about the time i started to work at home. Since then i use my Envy 32 AIO as a 4k display for my notebook using HDMI IN.

As it is always a good idea to unplug every external device when searching for the culprit i tried that (even if it is only HDMI).

And what should i say - problem is gone. Even when using Fastboot i don't have the problem and Wifi works great after booting. As soon as i connect a cable with a device (even if the device is turned off AND even if only a HDMI to DP Adapter is plugged into the HDMI cable but the DP end isn`t connected to anything).

I think this must be a firmware issue of the device and it's about power management.
- When nothing is plugged in to HDMI IN the screen goes blank after shutting down windows and the device turns off.
- When something is plugged in to HDMI IN the screen goes grey, i get a "NO HDMI SOURCE" message and then the device turns off.

Where can i send this information to the developers or create a ticket for it? I think this is a issue which needs to be verified and solved!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.