Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy Laptop wifi device stops working

envy laptop bcm943142y W10
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

power up laptop wifi works great. Laptop wifi stops working after unknown amount of time. No matter what I try, disable then enable wifi adapter, try wifi device diagnose mode, checked power setttings - high proformance i cannot get th wifi to reconnect, it does not see the sidds. as far as i can tell the device is on just not working, I have to reboot laptop to get wifi working.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,623 12,733 826 1,429
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy Laptop wifi device stops working

@tmurray4192

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Envy laptop and it frequently disconnects from the wireless network. The only way to reconnect is by restarting the laptop. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the laptop after which this issue may have started. Also, please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l.

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

1. Open DEVICE MANAGER  

2. Open up NETWORK ADAPTERS  

3. Right click on the WiFi Adapter for the PC and left click on PROPERTIES  

4. Click on POWER MANAGEMENT at the top.  

5. Remove the check mark beside: "ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE TO SAVE POWER."  

6. Click OK  

7. Close DEVICE MANAGER and test.    

NOTE:  It may also be checked under the FAMILY CONTROLLER (eg. Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller which would be listed under the WiFi Card). If so, you could remove the check mark beside "ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE TO SAVE POWER."

If the issue persists then please perform the steps as described in detail from this link.

I will wait for your response. All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation