Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy photo 6200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there

i moved house and the printer hasn’t been able to access the web services because of a dns/ gateway problem. I have tried everything on the support pages and I am close to breaking point. 

I can’t print anything because I have hp instant ink so it gives me that error aswell that I can’t use the ink. 

so what can I do ?

thanks 

mal 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Then use the  orginal ink cartridge that u can buy from hp store . Also check out this https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03775543#:~:text=Check%20the%20ink%20cartridges,-Remove%20and.... If worked pls click on accept as Solution

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Reset ur router to the factory default  and then say ur isp i am not getting  the internet  . They will provide  the information  for  connecting to the internet  . Then reconnect ur printer to the router  and purchase  orginal  ink cartridge  . Just try it 

HP Recommended

Also reset  ur  printer  to the factory  default 

HP Recommended

Hey , thanks for the advice.

did this work for you ? 
I want to try and avoid buying ink as I have the instant ink plan so I have plenty of in here just no access to it because of the dns gateway error and not connecting to web services 

thanks 

mal 

HP Recommended

Mine is old huawei router which i got from the isp . Modern  routers have inbuilt  security and u can add more security by going to the settings  of the router . U may  have altered  the router security settings  so it may have caused  the problem to establish  the connection  over the router . Also try resetting ur printer  to the factory  default. 

HP Recommended

Hey thank you for that tip , it’s showing online now 🙂 .... just have the problem of instant ink not connecting to the printer now 

HP Recommended

Then use the  orginal ink cartridge that u can buy from hp store . Also check out this https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03775543#:~:text=Check%20the%20ink%20cartridges,-Remove%20and.... If worked pls click on accept as Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.