Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy 6400

my provider changed my wifi username and now my printer won't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Moscoboy,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a connectivity issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist you better:

• Is the blue Wi-Fi light solid on the printer? ( if the Wi-Fi Light is blinking then please re-connect the printer back to your Wi-Fi router - Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer, Once you restore the network to defaults, then please follow the instructions on this link to connect the printer back to your PC.)
  • How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
  • Do you have a dual-band router?
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.

While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain: 

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle

Restore Wi-Fi Wi-Fi setup mode on the printer:

• Envy 6000, 6000e, 6400e, ENVY Pro 6400, DeskJet Plus  6000, 6400, and Tango printers: Press and hold the Wireless button on the back of the printer for five seconds until the Status light flashes (blue or purple depending on the model).
  • Once you restore the network to defaults, then please follow the instructions on this link to connect the printer back to your PC.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Moscoboy,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a connectivity issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist you better:

• Is the blue Wi-Fi light solid on the printer? ( if the Wi-Fi Light is blinking then please re-connect the printer back to your Wi-Fi router - Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer, Once you restore the network to defaults, then please follow the instructions on this link to connect the printer back to your PC.)
  • How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
  • Do you have a dual-band router?
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.

While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain: 

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle

Restore Wi-Fi Wi-Fi setup mode on the printer:

• Envy 6000, 6000e, 6400e, ENVY Pro 6400, DeskJet Plus  6000, 6400, and Tango printers: Press and hold the Wireless button on the back of the printer for five seconds until the Status light flashes (blue or purple depending on the model).
  • Once you restore the network to defaults, then please follow the instructions on this link to connect the printer back to your PC.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your Fix worked!!!! Well, after the 4th reading, muncho thanks. EE.

HP Recommended

@Moscoboy,

That's great! Happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. I really appreciate your efforts on this and If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accept as Solution and Kudos, Thumbs Up buttons on the public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.