Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

So I have an Omen 17T-AN100, my girlfriend stepped on my ethernet cord one day, and the ethernet port clip snapped off. I am attempting to try and find a replacement part for this, however, I am unsure of a part number or anything like that. It's literally just the clip, not the spring or anything like that. If anyone can direct me towards a part number I will, if pictures are needed to better understand let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jagernauts I appreciate the details, I've reported the same to the R&D team as the support brackets are missing from the guide for your device, although I'm not sure when that would be updated on the guide and I wouldn't want to keep you waiting, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Jagernauts you may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

You can also find the relevant part numbers using the HP Maintenance and Service Guide

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I’m confused. I have found what I believe to be the part, I get on part surfer. Where do I purchase it on that website?

HP Recommended

@Jagernauts As I mentioned earlier, you can either purchase it using the link to HP Parts store, or make use of the universal HP part number to order it on any local online store such as Amazon, etc... let me know if you need any thing else!

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What I’m saying is I cannot find the part. It is the internal left support bracket for the fans, which also appears to house the clip. It is not ANYWHERE in the manual. Here’s photos for reference.

CCCDF146-0E22-410B-ABCF-079BF6B3E838.jpeg

E39C0864-F198-4CBE-9AA4-B8EA4232EFD5.jpeg

HP Recommended

6355D433-B316-4DDB-8ECF-7158F96EDA3F.jpeg

HP Recommended

Here’s a video, since I can’t post photos. https://youtu.be/f8hLwyV4puU
Again, OMEN 17T-AN100, 2XP11AV

HP Recommended

@Jagernauts I appreciate the details, I've reported the same to the R&D team as the support brackets are missing from the guide for your device, although I'm not sure when that would be updated on the guide and I wouldn't want to keep you waiting, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.