Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

for the last couple of days I'm trying to resolve the next problem:

After a clean installation of Windows 10 1909 and Windows 10 2004, my notebooks can not resolve the IP address when connected to a local area network.

The first step was to install all system updates in both cases but the problem was the same.

The second step was to install all drivers that are offered by the HP assistant but the problem was the same.

Tried connecting to different switches with different cables.

Tried resetting network, flushing DNS, Winsock...

Tried installing the latest Realtek driver from the realtek.com but with no luck as well.

Tried enabling/disabling Wi-Fi and Bluetooth adapters in BIOS and in the OS but the problem was the same.

The only thing that I couldn't try, and that I came across and marked as one of the solutions for similar problems was to restart the DHCP-client service which I'm unable to. I just get the message Access Denied 5. Then I checked permissions for the service in Regedit but everything was ok. This is probably because dependent services cannot be stopped or restarted. 

As well, before everything I updated BIOS to the latest version, and of course, I wanted to make sure that the network card is enabled but the problem is still there.

So,

did anyone had the same or similar problems with this particular model or any other? And how did you resolve the problem?

The funny thing is that we got like more than fifty of these models and on nine network IP resolving is ok and everything works normal but the rest of them can't get the IP from the LAN.

As well, when IP is assigned MANUALLY /static method/ I can connect to the internet but I can't see all shares on the network. But when the configuration is set to AUTOMATICALLY nothing works.

Please advise

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.