Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (148 Views)

Ethernet and Charger keep disconnecting and reconnecting

Product Name: HP 15 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been having problems lately with my ethernet and charger disconnecting and reconnecting. Sometimes my charger wont even reconnect unless i unplug it from the 2nd cord, plug it back in. This has been happening over the past week now.

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 4 (136 Views)

Re: Ethernet and Charger keep disconnecting and reconnecting

Does the power socket at the PC end feel loose?

If yes, then it may be a bad socket or a socket that may have become loose over a period of time.

Although this sort of this is rare, I would sugegst you to try and see if moving the power cable in its place makes any difference.

If not then it could be a bad AC Adapter.

Have you tried with another/spare AC adapter?

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

Teacher
Message 3 of 4 (136 Views)

Hello,

please verify the issue with a working known good charger and ethernet cable.

also check if there is any damage on the notebook or on the port.

Then please contact HP SUPPORT to further assist you with your query.

Regards,

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Regards,
Vijay
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (106 Views)

Yes, they are both are good. Not sure why all of the sudden, at the same time, both of them stopped working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation