Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Good morning:

I forgot to mention that before you install the Intel wifi card, go into the device manager and uninstall both the Broadcom wireless adapter and driver and the Broadcom Bluetooth adapter and driver.

If there is a Broadcom Bluetooth software program in the windows control panel>programs section, uninstall that too.

Then shut down the PC, unplug it, remove the battery and install the Intel wifi card.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul
Thank you for that tip you provided. I will follow those steps and provide an update on how it went.

Amar

HP Recommended

Paul

Swapping the WiFi card worked for me. Now my aipords pro connects fine with my laptop. Also, there is no more broken sound, and the quality of sound is much better. However, occasionally the airpods disconnects, but that a minor inconvenience compared to how it was before.

Thank you for all your help with this. I couldn't have done it without it.

Also, for anyone attempting the same troubleshooting: You should remove your bluetooth device and re-add it after you install the new card. You might not be able to remove your device from bluetooth (removal will fail). What you can do is go to device manager, click on Bluetooth. Then click View in the menu bar and go to Show Hidden Devices. You will find all residual unused connection here. You can select each and delete it by clicking red X. Here is a video that explains this process much better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNSFc7mJBRM

Thank you
Amar

HP Recommended

Anytime, Amar.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Thanks for letting us know that upgrading the wifi card to the Intel 7265 AC card listed in the service manual worked for you.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.