Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 7134

I can no longer connect my HP Envy Photo 7134 Printer wirelessly to my router.  In the past (up until four weeks ago), the wireless connection was fine.  I went away for four weeks and, on my return, discovered the connection no longer exists.  The blue internet-connection light flashes continuously.   I have tried re-connecting the printer using the HP Connect Wizard but I keep receiving an error message saying that MAC address filtering may be enabled on the router and recommending I add the printer’s MAC address to the list of permitted devices.  My router supplier tells me that “MAC filtering is not a function we use.” So, it would appear the problem lies with the printer, not the router.  (Other devices connected to the router all have Internet access and work fine.)

In the Wireless Network Test Results printout, the Wireless, Connectivity and Network tests all pass.  The Settings tests fail with the message No Filtering, Fail.

I have tried every trick I can think of to re-connect the printer to the router, including several printer and router reboots, several printer reconnects via the Wizard, and Restoring Network Settings on the printer and using the Wizard again.  Nothing works. The error message stays the same – “unable to connect”.  What else can I try?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BenThePen, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Try setting a different security type on your router, e.g. change from WEP security to WPA, if it is already WPA try selecting WPA-2 and check if that makes any difference.

You can take help of your ISP to change the security type.

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well now, I'm sorted but not by changing the security settings on my router.  In desperation, I connected the printer directly to my laptop via an HP printer cable plugged into a USB port and succeeded in printing some urgent documents direct from Word's printer utility.  Then, I opened HP Smart and, guess what, it took me through the whole new-printer setup routine, including a directive to remove the cable, and the printer is now connected wirelessly again.  I've no idea what caused the glitch in behaviour but I appreciate you getting back to me with your suggestion.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@BenThePen

I am glad everything is up and running.

Do get back to us in the future for any further assistance.

Thanks 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.