Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-bs2324wm and 15-da0053wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My two laptops are both ethernet connected to a wifi mesh system. When I originally set it up, both laptops were connected just fine to the mesh network, and I was able to turn on file sharing on my MAIN computer and see the shared folders on the BACKUP computer and read and write to them just fine. We have had several power outages recently, and now the computers show the ethernet connections as sometimes Mesh, sometimes Mesh2, and sometimes the name of the basic Wifi network. File share access is erratic, and mostly off. I never know, when I do a restart or a cold boot, what each of the network connections will show. I have tried disconnecting the ethernet connections, and connecting through WiFi, but even if I connect both to the same WiFi connection I still can't see the shared folders from MAIN on BACKUP. I can always see both computers on the network in File Explorer on both machines regardless of what the network connections say, MAIN shows up as a media device on BACKUP all the time, as do the media folders on MAIN, but not the shared folders. My Epson printer also loses connection sometimes, and printer access is erratic on both machines. I can usually restore it, and it will sometimes work on both machines just fine even if all three devices show they are connected to different networks. Last week power was off for about 9 hours, and when it came back on MAIN was showing an ethernet connection to Mesh, BACKUP was showing an ethernet connection to Mesh2, and the printer was showing a WiFi connection to Mesh. Everything worked, including all the shared folders. About 6 hours later, with nothing having been restarted or turned off or on, all the problems spontaneously reappeared. Any suggestions? The mesh network tech support hasn't got a clue as to what is wrong or why. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.