Cab4heart Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Getting message that "Driver is unavailable" and I need to connect in order to print.

HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Laptop (15 Notebook PC) and am staying at a friend's house. I want to connect to their printer which is an HP Laserjet Professional M1212 nf MFP. They left me a note saying it was an "air printer" and that I should have no trouble printing from it. I followed the steps to download the driver, and it acted like it was doing it, but on the Setting - Device screen it shows the printer and then says "Driver is unavailable." I have tried going through the HP Assistant but am not getting anywhere. Does anyone know how I can get my laptop to connect to this printer so I can print? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
25082 24757 3539 8196
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Getting message that "Driver is unavailable" and I need to connect in order to print.

@Cab4heart

Try this.

HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL50848/Im-145520-4/HPPSdr.exe

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
Cab4heart Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for this link. I installed it but then it came to a page asking which product I was having the issue with...and the printer I want to use is not on that list. Any suggestions about how to get it to show up on the list?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation