Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a lot of ethernet adapters listed under my network connection. The thing is, this laptop does not have ethernet port!

And I think it affects my laptop abilitity to lock in the ip address quickly everytime I turn on the laptop. So I only can get connected to the internet after 2-3 minutes from startup.

Please assist me how to get rid of these network adapters.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @zul35

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that there are many network adapters listed on the computer and there is a delay in getting connected to your wireless network.

Don’t worry, I’d love to help!

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Do you still have the original Hard drive installed on the computer?
  • Is the operating system installed on the new Hard drive?
  •  

Meanwhile, you can uninstall the network adapters which are not there on your computer by going to device manager.

Here is how it is done.

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Install:

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @zul35

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that there are many network adapters listed on the computer and there is a delay in getting connected to your wireless network.

Don’t worry, I’d love to help!

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Do you still have the original Hard drive installed on the computer?
  • Is the operating system installed on the new Hard drive?
  •  

Meanwhile, you can uninstall the network adapters which are not there on your computer by going to device manager.

Here is how it is done.

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Install:

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply.

Under network adapters in device manager. There are 17 TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS and 3 TAP-Win32 Adapter V9. Should I tell all of these? The rest under network adapters are WAN Miniports and broadcom network adapters. I guess I should no touch these as they could be related to the WiFi adapters.

To answer your earlier questions. I think the pc was fine 3-4 months ago. I didn't change the hard disk or anything. This laptop is only about 9 months old.

Thanks.
HP Recommended

Hi @zul35

Thank you for the information.

You can go ahead and remove everything under network adapters and then just restart the computer and the drivers for the wireless card will get installed automatically.

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That works for now. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @zul35

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.