Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikrant1982
Level 2
29 17 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 15-ab027tx wifi adapter upgrade issue.......

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-ab027tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone,

My laptop originally had a Realtek RTL8723BE single band adapter which I had later swapped with an RTL8821CE to enable 5Ghz wifi. It worked fine for some time but later on i started having DPC latency issues with audio due to ndis.sys. I did some research and figured out it was a common problem with Realtek wifi adapters. I decided to try an Intel wifi adapter and swapped it with an AC7265 yesterday and added a second wifi antenna as well to the laptop. The problem now is that the new adapter does not detect my 5Ghz network. I have tried updating drivers but nothing helps. i have also tried the latest Intel PROSet wireless driver which doesn't work with this adapter. Also, the adapter's bluetooth is not working. It shows exclamation sign in device manager and the details show the error code (10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. 

I did some google searches and found other people with same issues with this adapter specifically the ones with REV 12 and unfortunately my adapter's revision number is also 12.

Does anybody know if there are any properly working drivers for this adapter. I am on Windows 10 64bit ver 1909. If not, can anyone suggest a dual band adapter that will work with my laptop and will not cause DPC latency issues.

1 REPLY 1
vikrant1982
Author
Level 2
29 17 0 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did some more research on Intel's website and found out that that there are two revisions of intel 7265. These fall under two categories REV C and REV D.  REV C is now discontinued. From the driver version I figured out that my adapter was REV C although, Intel's driver and support assistant detected it as REV D. It seems there were problems with REV C adapters due to which they were discontinued later. Also, the old adapters seem to have bluetooth 4.0 and the new ones come with 4.2. I then bought a new Intel 7265 from Amazon with bluetooth 4.2 listed in the specs and installed it. The card worked flawlessly right away and had the latest driver installed automatically. Also, the DPC latency on ndis.sys has improved a lot.

Anyone who is looking to buy a new Intel 7265, please make sure you buy a new REV D adapter with bluetooth 4.2.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation