Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Flufflyjazmin Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 15-f033wm Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) Doesn't not turn on, and I've done hard reset. No fan noises.

HP 15-f033wm Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows XP
My laptop won't turn on, the LED lights blink on and off, and I don't hear fan but I hear something clicking lightly. Laptop is out of warranty. I have removed battery pressed power button for 15 seconds, and connected power but not battery and nothing. HELP!!
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
43866 3256 13562
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 15-f033wm Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) Doesn't not turn on, and I've done hard reset. No fan noises.

Is there a pattern to the blinking lights? 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-f000-Notebook-PC-series/7137590/model/7605334/document/c01...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Flufflyjazmin Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The caps lock blinks white (One blink lasts about 2 seconds followed by a 3 second pause.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
43866 3256 13562
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From the chart in the link I posted above>>

CPU
LEDs blink 1 time
CPU not functional

In other posts I have seen- this usually is not solved by replacing CPU. In those cases it seems more likely that it is CPU socket on motherboard. When it comes to replacing a motherboard you are better off buying a new laptop.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation