Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15z-g000 CTO Notebook PC (E
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am wanting to change my factory Wireless card from only 2.4 ghz to a dual band or a AC wireless card. I don't know for sure if my pc is white-listed or not. I really hate the slow speed of 2.4 ghz. Can anyone PLEASE help me ? :indifferent:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There never has been a 100% reliable list of what is past the whitelist but based on your hardware and the 2014 copyright on the service manual, you are past the whitelist. The big problem you may still have is that your laptop series often only has one w-fi antenna. If so it is basically impossible to upgrade to a dual band card. The only way to know for sure if you have a single antenna is to open it up. 

Service Manual

See p. 51.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

There never has been a 100% reliable list of what is past the whitelist but based on your hardware and the 2014 copyright on the service manual, you are past the whitelist. The big problem you may still have is that your laptop series often only has one w-fi antenna. If so it is basically impossible to upgrade to a dual band card. The only way to know for sure if you have a single antenna is to open it up. 

Service Manual

See p. 51.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

You will need 2 antennas presently connected to the wireless card in order to install a dual band N or AC card.

So physically check that first.  The service manual may show an illustration of two antennas connected to the card.

Do not rely on that picture.

An Intel dual band wlan card most likely will not work on an amd notebook.

Suggested cards...

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2x2 Wi-Fi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter   HP Part # 697316-001

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo

HP Part # 724935-001

HP Recommended

Thank you. I am glad to finally have a answer from a trusted person. 

HP Recommended

Thank you. I am glad to have a True answer to my question. And from a true and trusted person.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.