Post new question
Question
HP 2000 2b19WM Atheros wireless issues
Replies (16)

Top Student
Message 11 of 17 (142 Views)

Re: HP 2000 2b19WM Atheros wireless issues

[ Edited ]

thanks for ll your help and fyi windws updates has never been on.  The thing is fine  with the browser open and whatever page cached. CPU 1-10 ercent with idleprocess at/near the top as it should be. It just sucks caching overly busy webpages that have lots of crap like mzon,ebay etc, always goes to 100% CPU until cached then quickly back to normal when the page is cached in anywhere from 2-5 seconds or so perhaps longer again depending on the site.   Right now there are four tabs open in Chrome CPU 4,5,6%. I open one of my simple webpages (www.econotweaks.com) and it maxes at 25-30% and caches in  a second. Now I will do amazon.  It takes near 10 seconds to cache (12MB downlod speed) all the crap and CPU stays between 50-80 then when fully cached drops back down to 5-15 since the page runs so many scripts. And the key is Windows never even uses 2 of the 8 gigs of RAM. Will video soon. Using LAN not wifi. Thanks!

HP Support Agent
Message 12 of 17 (129 Views)

Hi @electroid,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Please reset the chrome browser and try again. Also, try with a different browser like Firefox. Please check if it happens only with select websites or all websites.

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. Smiley Happy  It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind.  

I honestly hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. Smiley Happy Please keep me posted.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 13 of 17 (120 Views)

hi

Love Firefox and it was installed. Chrome is much  faster on this PC without doubt,Firefox only 32 bit for Windows no 64. I already reported that it does it on sites which run scripts with lots of crap like Amazon, eBay which also have tons more to cache pics and so on

audioasylum.com

econotweks.com

both quick 

ALL BROWERS SET TO

delete cookies upon exit

no third party

Open DNS not auto obtain DNS auto obtain no change

Proxomitron via 8080 (bypassing changes nothing)

Overall performance much beter such as boot time which is less than half what it  was last year via the original HDD before it died.

Again why is there 7.6 gb RAM available showing yet Windows never touchs more than 2gb of it. 

Also I cannot use Skype on this computer. Not even audio only calls. I can hear others perfect always but my audio aways breaks up. Settings perfect I've been successfully using Skype since Windows 98 until this machine. Not  giving up though  Can use my Android phone via wireless on Skype perfectly on this network and this HP is connected LAN not wireless.  Something is amiss. We will perscervere by not giving up.  

Cheers!

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 14 of 17 (109 Views)

Hi @electroid,

I reviewed the post. thanks for the reply. Great troubleshooting also. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy Please continue to use firefox then. It shows the available ram because that much of ram is free on the computer. Only 0.4GB of RAM is being used on the machine. It is not showing you the amount of RAM that is being used by the computer. It is showing you the available RAM that is free. That is how Windows is designed and it is a feature of the Windows operating system. 

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. Smiley Happy  It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind.  

I honestly hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. Smiley Happy Please keep me posted.

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 15 of 17 (73 Views)

Thanks to you and HP for this great resource. Again I was away getting surgery. Doing very well. This PC while still being a bit odd does work WAY better than in 2015/2016 when Donna owned it before giving it to me.  I put the new HDD and keyboard in it and reloaded 8/64. My latest trick was to run three passes of 6X of Widows Memory Diagnostic. This alone has now solved the issue of my audio breaking up when using Skype. Others audio was always fine, CPU usage w/Skype alone was always around 30% yet before running that mem diagnostic people would say my audio was breaking up so bad they would ask me to stop talkng. Now fine and was always fine on my network via my Android phone running Skype.The phone is connected to the network wirelessly where as this PC is connected by the LAN. FYI the reason I posted; the wireless issue, still exists so I just use this PC hard wired to the network now. Still don't understand the CPU usage issue. So if the CPU usage is real time via task mgr / performance why is the memory usage on the same tab not? It shows real time charting not a static number. So there is todays post. Things are better with our persistence and some of your suggestions but the real qundry is not yet solved.  No biggee, we will keep at it unless you say enough. I have a $85 W10 tablet on the way for wireless use, I have to spend a lot of time in bed with my right leg elevated and  a little tablet is better for that than trying to bring this laptop in bed.

Earl

HP Support Agent
Message 16 of 17 (60 Views)

@electroid

It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he's out for the day 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

Besides, You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested by David, Kudos to you Smiley Happy 

And I hope you get well soon, for now, do you want help in troubleshooting the wireless or do you prefer the wired internet?

If you wish to get the wireless back up and running, 

Considering you've done pretty much everything a professional could have done to fix the issue, like a pro yourself.

I suggest a hardware test on the Wireless card using the hardware diagnostics tool: Click here for information.

Keep me posted with the results for further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 17 of 17 (42 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ran the diagnostic and all is fine with wireless card. Its a very short simple test. Ironically the only test that failed was the LAN test and the wired network is always perfect. It wouldnt run since I dont boot via UEFI but Legacy. Would love to understand that and why it wont boot via UEFI with the meesage being it sees no bootable device. I loaded the diagnostic (6.03?)  via UEFI through a USB flash drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation