Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello

I've been having a problem with the wireless and the bluetooth connection since i upgraded to windows 7 x64

The problem with the wireless is that i cannot find any wireless devices in range (even if i have a wireless router just 2 meters away providing internet for another laptop and two mobiles)

I searched for the drivers on the HP site but i only fund the vista x86 drivers.

i also tried the drivers from a previous post found on this board link here (the broadcom wireless drivers) and even if they show normally on device manager window, still get a "Turn wireless capability on" when i troubleshoot the problem. And yes, the light on the wireless button is blue (not yellow)

The other thing with the bluetooth is that i get some unknown bluetooth devices on device manager window just like in this picture.

I have no idea what to do right now so please help.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check below guide:

How to install HP Bluetooth driver under Windows 7.

You will need this drivers:

HP Wireless Assistant here (ver 3.50.11.2   for 32/64 bit Win7)

Bluetooth Wireless here (ver 6.2.1.500  for 32/64 bit Win7)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check below guide:

How to install HP Bluetooth driver under Windows 7.

You will need this drivers:

HP Wireless Assistant here (ver 3.50.11.2   for 32/64 bit Win7)

Bluetooth Wireless here (ver 6.2.1.500  for 32/64 bit Win7)

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thanks man.

wireless worked like a charm

Although i still have some unidentified bluetooth modules in device manager, its not a big deal.

The thing i needed is up and running 🙂

thanks again

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Plsease check again guide from above.

It wasn't working but I just edited link and now You may check it.

Your last problem should be solved by Bluetooth driver which I gave You.

To install this driver correclty You will have too switch on Bluetooth first in Wireless Assistant.

If this will still not work then go to ' Device Manager '. Click with right button of your mouse on each Bluetooth thing with yellow sign and exclamation mark ( ), and choose from the list  ' Update Driver Software '.

HP Recommended

The bluetooth also works fine but still get those unknown devices.

Also did the thing You explained in the last sentence, but still i get a " windows was unable to install your bluetooth peripheral device" message.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, as i said before, bluetooth works fine. 

thanks again

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.