cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MWD351
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP 840 Elitebook G1 Wifi keeps disconnecting from Android Mobile hotspot but not other networks

HP Recommended
HP 840 Elitebook G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm located in a rural area and only have internet access through satellite dish and use of our Android hotspots. I have two reconditioned HP 840 Elitebook G1 laptops running Windows 10 where the wifi keeps disconnecting from our Android Mobile hotspots but it's not happening other wireless networks such as satellite or with any other Windows 10 laptops such my ThinkPad work laptop connecting to hotspot. These are the only two computers that have this issue and I have be troubleshooting for the past 18 months trying everything mentioned in many different posts such as resets, power management settings, re-installing everything OS, drivers, wireless card (Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260), command prompt resets. 

Has anyone else had this issue or have a suggestion. I've had several HPs for many years and  hate to trash these laptops.

Thanks

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation