01-21-2013 11:16 AM
HP Pavillion dv7 windows 8: The HP Bios application selected is corrupt or missing. Install BIOS application error 501. How do I do this?
01-23-2013 02:34 PM
Typically this means the EFI-partition (HP_TOOLS) has been deleted. You can get past this message by disabling HP Quick look 2 in your BIOS.
Try these steps please:
1. Open up your BIOS (by pressing F10 while your machine is booting up)
2. Go to System Configuration / Device Configurations
3. Look for an option called "HP Quicklook" or "HP Quicklook 2"
4. Set it to "Disabled"
6. Save the changes (hit F10)
7. Restart your machine.
After you restart the machine you shouldn't see the message again. Please let me know the outcome.
If you have any more questions let me know.
07-23-2013 05:29 PM
That option does not exist in the bios o system I am working with (Pavilion dv6-6c10us).
Do I need a Bios update? And if so where can I get one that boots off USB or something?
07-23-2013 05:37 PM
To update your BIOS, you just need to download and run the BIOS update from the following link:
Best of luck,
07-24-2013 12:10 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 08:43 AM by OscarFuentes
Are you getting the same error message as the original poster or a different one?
Until then, I would try a hard reset on the notebook. Here is a document with the steps:
Best of luck,
07-24-2013 12:40 PM
Yes Kyle, Same error message as original! I am putting in a new HD in the system...the old one died...Thanks will read info on that link
07-24-2013 12:53 PM
07-24-2013 01:29 PM
Hard Reset does nothing to remove that 501 error! But again; this is a new HD I am trying to install so it will not have the HP Tools on it which apparently is needed! But I am having major difficulty installing windows
Thanks for any more advice you might have!
12-21-2013 08:59 AM
I have HP probook 4520s
win 8 pro.
on pressing the main button I m getting a hp logo...and the system stops there... If I press f5 or f6 . The above notification appearsss..
please help me
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)