Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP CHROMEBOOK
Chrome OS

Unable to register with my google account in Chromebook. It shows unable to connect to internet even though wi-fi connection is having internet. However I can browse internet in guest user in chrome browser.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This is exactly the same issue I'm having, extremely frustrating, no one is helping, it's obviously and hp chromebook issue. To sum up:

1. Just bought a brand new HP chromebook. I have another, but it is falling apart. The new one is model 14b-na0010wm.

2. Unboxed it, turned it, starts to go through setup process. Wants me to connect to wi-fi, which I do. 

3. Get a screen saying network is not available, even though I'm clearly connected to my wifi, it even shows it in the dropdown wanting me to connect to another wifi!! Bottom right, shows I'm connected!! Click on it the bottom right, shows im connected strong signal!! Will not continue setup!!

4. Got my other beatup chromebook out, connects fine to wifi network, I can login into it easily. My pc is connected fine to the wifi, works. Problem is obviously NOT the wifi.

5. Tells me to try another wifi, so I drive 10 miles to a friend's house. Same **bleep** issue. Wifi is actually connected, but new hp chromebook insists network not detected even though the new hp chromebook says, right on the list that it is in fact connected!!

5. Found another thread , person has the exact same issue, dates to late august 2021, hp chromebook 14a version. 2 others say they have the same thing, both dated october 2021. Response from hp is pathetic, obviously did not actually read issue or look at the images the user uploaded 

What is the solution!!?? It's obviously an issue. I don't want to spend the time and energy to return the chromebook, but looks like I will have to do so. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.