Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I recently bought a HP Chromebook 14.  The reason why I bought it is because it wasn't to expensive, and I needed a new computer because my desktop keeps crashing.  I know that it came with a 14 day warranty, just in case if it had a "manufactured problem".  During the first week of using the chromebook, I was experiencing some disconnections from the Internet, I ignored it because I was pretty far.  But then I realized that on the bottom right I was still connected to the wifi.  I Ignored that as well because the Internet came back on my laptop.  After a week I started to experience the same thing again, but except this time more frequently, and I must say that it's getting really irritating.  Every time i get disconnected from the Internet look at the bottom right corner of the HP Chromebook 14 and it shows me that i have 4 bars and sometimes 3.  The Internet doesn't come back until 5 to 6 minutes, sometimes i have to manually turn off the wifi from my laptop and turn it back on to get Internet access, this bothers me because I disconnected from the Internet frequently and when I mean frequently i mean 2 to 3 minutes, and sometimes when i turn off the wifi from the laptop that doesn't even help.  Since I have had this laptop for about 3 weeks i cant turn it in for a manufactured problem and get a another for free.  I do have a 2 year warranty but why would i turn in my laptop when i know its a manufactured problem.  I have not downloaded anything on this laptop its basically brand new,  the problem is not the wifi because i sit right next to my router and get Internet access with my phone with out disconnection.  Another thing is that while it disconnects it does two things, it either searches for a wifi signal or it just stays at whatever or how many bars it has, when i try to search on google or on youtube it tells me that i don't have Internet connection when i clearly have signal, 4 bars, when I am right next to the router.  Other than this I am really satisfied with this product but its just this issue that I am having that's making me really regret buying this laptop.  Hopefully someone could help me solve this issue

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Jonathan_soto, welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you're having connection issues with your Chromebook and wireless network. I will try to assist you with this.

Looking into the issue, I was able to find some sources that may be able to help you.

This thread on the Google forums was able to help another:
Wifi keeps disconnecting.

This Google document may help as well:
Fix Internet connection issues

Though I'm sure you've setup everything correct for a wireless connection, this may help as a reference source:
Setting Up an Internet Connection on Your HP Chromebook or Chromebox

And for any other questions you may have:
Frequently asked questions about your HP Chromebook or Chromebox.

I will leave you with those, let me know if anything helps and what does.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I know this is an old issue but I'm hoping for some help.

My friend has a Chromebook and was having the same WiFi issues everyone else is having.  She did the PowerWash and still couldn't get it to work.  I offered to help.  The computer is at the initial set up screen showing "No network".  Right clicking on the WiFi logo in the task tray opens the setting.  When I click on the WiFi "switch" it turns on then immediately turns off.  Click it again and it shuts itself off a second later.  Not being able able to get into the system precludes me from making any changes to the system.  My WiFi has worked perfectly for a decade with any and every device that we've attempted to connect to it.  What can I do to get this setup to completed and get her computer working again?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.