Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillon DV6-3125sa entertainment laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello good people, I hope someone can help me on here. 

up until 2 days I was able to use my wifi with windows 10 no problem. I had been using it for a few months. but while uploading my content to youtube the wifi adaptor just vanished. so I tried to trouble shot and look in device manager. I believe it will only show up as 'other device' I have also installed the drivers found on the hp drivers section. but my fear is that because the laptop was originally windows 7 home the drivers are only compatible with win7. please remember that this has still worked with win10. can some please help me with the correct drivers for win 10  for the following adapter:

Ralink rt3090-802-11b-g-n

your help would be highly apricated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, that is a very common issue with the Ralink wifi adapters and the newer builds of W10.

They just completely disappear from the device manager, and there is no fix.

Your options would be to:

Go back to W7

Purchase a USB wifi adapter and use that with W10.

You cannot replace the internal card because your notebook has a BIOS whitelist which prevents any other wifi card but the one currently installed from working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.