Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
dy windows 10
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

about 3 months ago my HP Pavillion g6 Windows 7 passed away.  I purchased this dy HP i7 and it has a USB type C port on right side.  I've used it to back up my files to an ulta Flash drive and it is suppose to be faster than using USB 3 ports on left side.

I used 8800L jet pack with windows 7 and now with my dy with wifi.  This dy shows it with work with a  hotspot.  I went to Verizon and it they says take end of wire coming out of 8800L and other end going into charger and insert it into either usb ports on left side USB 3 ports to use it has a jetpack as a hotspot and no more wifi and others using same or whatever local wifi.

It worked and it does appear to be faster. So no more wifi for me.

I go idea to get a USB type C cord, its 3 feet long with type C on either side.  Thinking one end for 8800L and other end for dy USB type C port on right.

It does not work.  I get error messages.  I go back to USB 3 and it works.

Could it be dy type C on this dy  is for data transfer only and not for charging and internet connecting?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@hphelp001 

I've got no idea what is your machine (DY !!! ???). HP has hundreds of different models/products called notebooks / laptops.

Before we can help, we need to know what EXACTLY is your HP Laptop 17-by1xxx ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

or

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

HP Laptop 15-dy1XXX i7-1065G7

I hope above helps and Thanks

HP Recommended

it has been 5 days since my question.  No answer might a good reason to return this HP to Walmart.

HP Recommended

Hi @hphelp001

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the USB Type-C port issue.

To better assist you - May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Laptop 15-dy1XXX i7-1065G7

above is second time I have given model. see above.

Is this not model number?

HP Recommended

hpname.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @hphelp001

I'm looking for the product#, this is model name and the series is actually hidden with the Xs.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

8MM67UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @hphelp001

1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ supports Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate

Please refer to the product specs page - HP Notebook 15-dy1071wm Product Specifications 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.