CASEMIKE Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY 15 LAPTOP WON'T CONNECT TO MY HP ENVY 4511 PRINTER WIRELESS VIA COX HOTSPOT

HP ENVY 15 WIRELESS AND HP4511
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP NOR MICROSOFT HAS BEEN ABLE TO GET THESE TWO BRAND NEW UNITS TO SPEAK OR RECOGNIZE EACH OTHER. H E L P? I' USING A COX HOTSPOT WITH NO PASSWORD REQUIRED. BOTH SAY CONNECTED TO WIRELESS BUT WON'T PRINT FROM MY NOTEBOOK.

5 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
72560 8801 18912
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY 15 LAPTOP WON'T CONNECT TO MY HP ENVY 4511 PRINTER WIRELESS VIA COX HOTSPOT

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Firstly, please download an run the following tool:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

It may fix the problem for you. If not, post back full error message(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
CASEMIKE Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It does not find the printer, and asks to turn it off and restart which I did many times, then it tells you to retry the software and it stays on there forever saying searching but finds nothing.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
72560 8801 18912
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Looks like you have NOT installed printer software and drivers to your computer. Please download and install the following software and drivers:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL63187/mp-152056-1/EN4510_72.exe

Note: All Envy 451x (x = 0 to 9) printers use same software and drivers.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
CASEMIKE Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah, that didn't help either, it just says I'm entering the wrong IP address or my computer doesn't have a unique network i.d. name. At this point, I'm so disgusted with HP. I made the decision to buy both HP notebook and HP printer because I thought it would be easy and seemless.  This has not been my experience. I think they both go back, they are less than a week old, until HP can offer good technical support, (not India) where I can understand the person and they understand me. It's a shame because I almost purchased Dell but decided to take a chance which did not work out well for me. Thank you for trying though!

CASEMIKE Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need to apologize for my last message.  It was an ignorant writing and was unwarranted and written out of frustration and anger.  I truly am sorry and hope this forum and the provost can forgive me.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation