Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,348 Views)

HP ENVY 17-1080eo Notebook, slow internet speed issue, but my old pc is fine.

Hi.
I have a HP ENVY 17-1080eo Notebook.
I have innstalled almoust all the drivers for wireless connection from HP.com I didnt touched the BIOS updates.
Problem description.
Yesterday I used HP ENVY 17-1080eo Notebook to play the world of warcraft and I downloaded some stuff from the internet. All of this work was happening thru one router, wich I dont have a name for or any information, I think it was a belkin, but anyway. Everything went fine, the connection speed was very good, and I was happy with your product.
Today, I connected HP ENVY 17-1080eo Notebook to my home router and speed of my wireless connection was terrible. 
Since the first day, I have downloaded updates from HP.com , and microsoft. All the updates was downloaded from another router, not mine. I have also innstalled some programs like itunes and such. Here is the speedtest of my connection from my old PC- Download 2.33Mb/s Upload 0.45 Mb/s. Connection from HP ENVY 17-1080eo Notebook is, well, none, this new HP PC cant even download the speedtest website.
All drivers for wireless connection is innstalled on HP-pc.
Wireless information: Broadcom 43224AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter.
Bandwidth Capability: 11a: 20/40; 11bg: 20MHz 
My home router: Thomson ST546
I have bad speed on my new pc, and normal speed connection on my old pc. Im using the same router.  How can I change the speed connection on HP?
What information you can give to me, so I can solve this? 
Thanks you.

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 2 (37 Views)

Re: HP ENVY 17-1080eo Notebook, slow internet speed issue, but my old pc is fine.

I recently replaced an older laptop with the Envy 17 touch. This PC is a piece of junk. The internet speed on this machine takes more than 20 seconds to change pages. I have uploaded the suggested drivers from another forum, they were older than the laptop and did nothing to improve the performance. Every machine and smart phone in my home works exceptionally well with our internet modem, except this device. 

I would not recommend this product to anyone. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation