Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17-j013cl Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY 17-j013cl Notebook PC is there a dual band we-fi card or a adapter for this laptop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @cox123 

Since your notebook has an Intel processor, you can also upgrade to this model wifi card...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You can find the card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

It is usually considerably less expensive than the Broadcom card and has more up to date drivers.

Broadcom's drivers are from 2016 and Intel supports the 7260 into 2019.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@cox123 

Your machine was built early 2014 therefore the chance to upgrade to newer wifi adapter is very slim. You can use

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2×2 Wi-Fi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter part # 724935-001

It requires 2 antennas therefore you also need  WLAN antenna cables part # 720222-001 .

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @cox123 

Since your notebook has an Intel processor, you can also upgrade to this model wifi card...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You can find the card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

It is usually considerably less expensive than the Broadcom card and has more up to date drivers.

Broadcom's drivers are from 2016 and Intel supports the 7260 into 2019.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick answer. Not the one I wanted, sometimes it is what it is............

HP Recommended

Thank you ever so much. I think I'll give this a try, I hope I can find it, also that it works for me.  This has been a really good laptop.

Thanks again, very much appreciative.

Semper Fi

Jim

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Jim.

Semper Paratus.

Paul 

HP Recommended

Paul, thank you so very much. I received the card yesterday put it in today and every thing works. Best part I didn't have to change drivers as soon as it connected to the internet it updated. Saved me from having to buy a new computer. It was only $15.00 USD. So again thanks, stay well and safe.

Semper Fi brother,

Jim

HP Recommended

Anytime, Jim.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You stay safe and well too!

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.