Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M6 1125dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I want to upgrade my WLAN to a dual band 5.8, the manual specify thats this notebook supports  the 

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 WLAN module for use only on computer models equipped with an Intel processor in Japan

670290-001.

But something is wrong because this part number correspond to another model of WLAN card (Centrino N 2230).

And the N6235 has another SPS, 670292-001.

Somebody please help me. Which card or SPS is the correct one for my laptop 

Thank you very much

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jcgarcia1979 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c03489413

It actually has  Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi adapter part # 691415-001      

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=C2N76UA

Where did you buy your machine ? Did you buy it as a second hand machine ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for your anwser.. I'm a regular customer of HP products.

I have two HP Spectre laptops and one HP Pavillion m6 1125dx that bought in the 2012 when I was travelled to Orlando.

Of course, originally the 1125dx comes with the WLAN RT5390 SPS: 691415-001

I want upgrade that card to another thats supports dual  band. The manual of the laptop says I can upgrade to this card :

" Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 WLAN module for use only on computer models

equipped with an Intel processor in Japan 670290-001 "

but this SPS for the 6235 I think its wrong in the manual.. because when I search in google brings me another card with the SPS 670290-001

In my country I found a seller that have Centrino N 6235 but the SPS is: 670292-001

Could you help please, which is the correct SPS for the upgrade..  Thanks!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.