cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 1
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC : No Internet Access

HP Recommended

Hello,

My  HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC wireless internet access has been acting out the past couple days. I am currently running windows 8.1. I have trouble shooted my internet over and over and the connection is fixed for a couple minutes but then back to the same "no internet access" message. After trouble shooting many times, I decided to restore my computer to an earlier date then maybe it was an update or something that messed up my wifi adapter. So i did that, and the problem persists. I have read many of the forums for this problem and also other people's posts but nothing seems to work. Please help!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,408 221 571
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @lmart ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're having issues with the wireless card on your notebook.

It would help to know which product you are using. For information on finding your product and model numbers click here: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Can you tell me if the issue persists with a wired ethernet connection, or on another wireless network? Many people are quick to rule out their router as a potential issue if another device is working OK but networking isn't that simple. There are many factors that can cause issues specifically with one device and not another.

Here are some good starting points for you:

Powercycle the network:
1. Shut down your notebook.
2. Unplug the power to your router.
3. Unplug the power to your modem.
4. Wait at least 45 seconds.
5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.
6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.
7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

Reinstall the network adapter drivers:
1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.
2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.
3. Expand Network adapters.
4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.
5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.
6. Restart your PC and test.

Reseat the wireless adapter:

To do this you will need to access your notebooks support page (use the driver link in the last suggestion). In the user guides section you will fin a Maintenance and Service Guide.

If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document.

Let me know if any of this helps! Smiley Happy

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 1
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help. My product number is  D1E93UA#ABAI. have followed all your suggestions and when uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, i get an error message on one of them. The driver is called Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series Bluetooth 4.0+HS Driver for Microsoft Windows - sp63298. I also get this same error message with Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows - sp64255. All the other drivers are installed just fine except for these two and I don't know what the message means. Untitled.png

Also, When I tried to reset the TCP/IP settings, it says it has failed. I screenshotted it so you can see it. I don't know if it worked or not.

jkhkj.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,408 221 571
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey lmart,

For the TCP/IP reset it looks like you put a "/" instead of a "." at the end there. It looks like it went through ok but you can also try the short-form version of netsh i i r r which works as well.

Can you please provide me the name and Hardware IDs for the wireless adapter? Here's how you find them:

1. Press Windows Key + X.
  2. Click Device Manager.
  3. Click View at the top.
  4. Click Show hidden devices.
  5. Expand Network adapters (or sometimes it's listed in Other devices).
  6. Right click the adapter.
  7. Click Properties.
  8. Click the Details tab.
  9. Change the dropdown to Hardware Ids.

The name is simply what it displays as in Device Manager.

I look forward to your reply! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 1
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

These are all the Hardware Id's under Network Adapter for all my adapters.

*ISATAP

root\kdnic

{5d624f94-8850-40c3-a3fa-a4fd2080baf3}\vwifimp_wfd

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B&SUBSYS_18ED103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B&SUBSYS_18ED103C
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B&CC_0280

SW\{eeab7790-c514-11d1-b42b-00805fc1270e}

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_18A4103C&REV_0A
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_18A4103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_0200

*TEREDO

ms_agilevpnminiport

ms_ndiswanip

ms_ndiswanipv6

ms_l2tpminiport

ms_ndiswanbh

ms_pppoeminiport

ms_pptpminiport

ms_sstpminiport

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,408 221 571
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey lmart,

Try these:

Wireless adapter: PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B&SUBSYS_18ED103C&REV_00

Wired adapter: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_18A4103C&REV_0A - Use the US1 link beside Windows 8

Let me know if these work. You should really only need the wireless drivers for what we're working on. 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 1
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for that! I just installed the wifi driver. It seems to be working just fine right now. I hope it stays that way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,408 221 571
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey lmart,

That's great news!

Don't forget to mark solutions so other members can easily find the answer to similar problems. 🙂

Thanks again! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 1
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem is still happening 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,408 221 571
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey lmart,

I suggest sacrificing the notebook to the Gods of planet 802.11.  (Joking. Don't hurt the laptop.)

If you've gone through all of the steps previously mention including reseating the wireless adapter I would suggest a system restore to before the issue started. You won't lose any files but any Windows updates or installed software between the dates will be removed.

It appears as though something is interfering as reinstalling the drivers works briefly but the issue returns. It could also be security software so try disabling any firewall or anti-virus software, but make sure the Windows firewall is enabled.

You could also attempt booting into safe mode with networking to see if it works OK there. This will rule out interfering services or programs.

Let me know how that goes. 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation