03-27-2016 02:17 AM
The bluetooth keyboard supplied with the laptop has stopped charging and is now dead.
Bluetooth settings confirms that the keyboard is not present to be paired.
The keyboard is connected to the base of the computer for charging.
The switch on the keyboard is set to the left (green/on).
There is no indication of charge etc from the charging light.
There is no light from F12 (bluetooth) button when pressed for the required 3 seconds.
Please advise something other than return to vendor as this is not possible due to location.
03-28-2016 11:56 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I'm here to help.
I understand you're having some trouble with the keyboard of your ENVY x2 not charging or turning on. I'd be happy to help.
Please start by following this document as it may help to resolve this issue: HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge
Keep me posted with results.
Hit that Thumbs Up if this helps, and Accept as Solution if it resolves the issue so that others can find this post.
I work on behalf of HP
03-29-2016 02:21 AM
My problem does not relate to the power/battery of the laptop at all.
Please read my original post again and consider these points :
1. You cannot separately charge the bluetooth keyboard with the HP ENVY x2 Detachable PC 13, product number K2V81EA#ABV. It through charges from the laptop. The laptop charges ok and the battery holds a charge just fine.
2. There is no fault with bluetooth on my HP ENVY x2 Detachable PC 13, product number K2V81EA#ABV. Bluetooth is enabled and finding my other bluetooth devices.
3. Other posts suggest on this subject there is a problem with the bluetooth driver on Windows 10 for the HP ENVY x2 Detachable PC 13, because it was orignally designed for windows 8 and every historical (failed) suggested fix referred to windows 8.
4. I purchased this unit with windows 10 in November 15 and the keyboard charge worked fine until around 6 weeks ago. What driver/other updates have been installed automatically since that could have caused this fault?
5. I have checked to make sure that the device cannot switch off charging on the intel (r) bluetooth wireless (r) setting within the power management setting in the device manager.
03-29-2016 12:05 PM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.
I work on behalf of HP
12-06-2016 08:35 AM
Welcome to my dinghy boat! I have the same frustrating issue and HP has yet to be of any help. The keyboard started to "not work" about six months ago. At first it was off an on and I would reset my bluetooth connections, shut down everything, let the computer "rest" (basically I would walk away before I tossed the keyboard). It was always start working usually about after an hour. Now I am an accountant and always take my work with me on site for my clients and use my laptop all day. I could not risk sitting there for hours waiting while my computer keyboard decided not to to work one day- UGH. Yesterday the keyboard went out and did not come back. Fortunately they had an extra keyboard that I could connect into so I could continue to work. This morning it still does not work and I contacted HP Support- Wasted time.
My computer is not that old. I am (maybe will be past tense to was) a loyal HP user, but will never purchase the detachable keyboards. I am off to Staples to purchase a backup, plug in keyboard so I can continue to work.
Best of luck!
02-15-2017 01:29 PM - edited 02-15-2017 01:30 PM
Hi, I have the same problem with connecting a Bluetooth keyboard after reinstallation Winows 10. So far, I liked HP products, but unless I change my mind. Does anyone in the end can help us?