Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-bq052na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I own a HP ENVY x360 - 15-bq052na . I would like to upgrade my wlan module (WiFi card) because the one in the laptop is faulty. With of the Wlan modules are compatible? with this model. I was thinking to buy:

- Intel AX 200

Intel Dual Band WLAN WiFi Wireless M.2 NGFF AC 9260NGW BT 5.0 

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265NGW, 2230, 2x2 AC + BT, Vpro

INTEL 8260 AC WIFI BLUETOOTH 4.2 CARD 8260NGW NETWORK WIRELESS CARD M.2 2230

Could anyone please help me to choose the compatible module 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That would be great.

The only way we can get info is from forum members that experiment with wifi cards,  and post their results.

I will say that the 9260 is probably the one I would gamble with, but you need the non-VPro model.

VPro is just for Intel platforms with VPro technology.

The AX200 and 9560 are probably too different to try. 

The 9560 is a CRF (Companion RF) module, and your notebook has to have certain hardware for that to work. 

It's like part of the wifi is on the motherboard, and part is on the card itself.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm not sure anyone can help you because we don't have any data of anyone installing one of those Intel cards in an AMD notebook.

Yours has that lousy Realtek 8822BE wifi card. 

Realtek keeps releasing drivers to fix it what seems like every week!

I did notice on your notebook's support page that it doesn't have the latest wifi driver for that card.

You may want to update to the latest Realtek wifi driver if you have not found this one already and see if that helps any.

Wifi: 2024.0.8.107/2024.0.4.108        Jun 5, 2019

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96885.exe

Otherwise, I suggest you replace the Realtek card with the older Intel 7265 AC card with the part number that is listed in the service manual for your notebook...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06172053

HP Recommended

Thank you for a quick replay and your help.

I will try to update the drivers. Also i will buy the Intel Wireless AC 9260 2230 2x2 + BT Gigabit vPro and i will let you know if it works 

Thank you 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That would be great.

The only way we can get info is from forum members that experiment with wifi cards,  and post their results.

I will say that the 9260 is probably the one I would gamble with, but you need the non-VPro model.

VPro is just for Intel platforms with VPro technology.

The AX200 and 9560 are probably too different to try. 

The 9560 is a CRF (Companion RF) module, and your notebook has to have certain hardware for that to work. 

It's like part of the wifi is on the motherboard, and part is on the card itself.

HP Recommended

OK. Im coming back home on 15th August so i will install  the new module and let you know if is working 🙂 .

Thank you  

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please see my edited post above.  I didn't see that you mentioned vPro for that model.

You must get the non-VPro card and you can see my explanation above as to why.

HP Recommended

I have ordered:

Intel Wireless-AC 9260 Internal WLAN/Bluetooth (NO Vpro)

and 

Intel Wireless-AC 9560, M.2 2230, 2X2 Ac+Bt, Gigabit, ( No Vpro)

I will test those two 

Thank you again 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This should be interesting...

Looking forward to your report back.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Sorry for a late reply.

Update. So I have purchase 2 Wifi cards:

- Intel Wireless-AC 9560 NGW - (NO Vpro)

- Intel Wireless-AC 9260 NGW - (NO Vpro)

The AC 9560 - dos not work! 

The AC9260  -  the WiFi and Bluetooth WORKING :-). I have stable connection now and my WiFi speed increase.

Really recommend to upgrade the Realtek wifi to  Intel Wireless-AC 9260 NGW - (NO Vpro)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg 

HP Recommended

Hi:

Thanks for letting us know the results of your wifi card upgrade project.

I was pretty sure the 9560 wouldn't work because of what I had posted previously.

Glad the 9260 did work for you.

Enjoy the faster wifi speeds!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.