cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Elitebook 2540P- username and password to wifi isn't working/ connecting

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 2540P

I brought my laptop to a high school and was trying to connect to the wireless.  The staff wifi option was available but when I put in the userame and password it would not connect.  It was definately the correct username and password and I tried several times but it kept saying that it was unable to connect.  I borrowed someones Mac and it connected just fine with the same username/ password.  Any suggestions?!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 9
1,335 1,294 82 173
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would check your IP settings and make sure an application has not changed them.  If the settings are incorrect you will have connection problems.  You might also be missing a part of the login.  If they use a Windows Domain it might need the Domain\User.  This rearly i see and i would check with your IT at your school for help as it might be there network that could be the problem.  You never know.

Please remember to select the answer
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation