Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had ideas how to fix wifi lag that I have started experiencing over the last ~1month or so on my laptop.

The Wifi works fine for most tasks but for gaming and remote work (via virtual desktop) is very laggy - running ping tests show I have very normal low ping most of the time with giant spikes every few seconds.

I have tried updating network drivers, BIOS is up to date and have done a fresh install of windows with no luck. Wifi issues persist on 2.4/5ghz and have tried multiple networks. (other laptops work fine on same wifi)

Have tried the steps here but don't believe I can edit power settings on windows 11 anymore

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-envy-x360-ping-spikes/td-p/7298585 

Device is: HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0977nz for reference

Many thanks

M

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @msk93 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice. I see that you are facing WiFi lag-related issues on your HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0977nz. Do not worry, we are here to help you fix it. 

May I know if you have made any changes to your system which has caused this issue?

Please confirm if it only happens while playing games and while using a Virtual Machine?

Since you have already performed most of the steps. I would suggest you try Improving latency and reducing lag on your system by following the steps here

I would also suggest you try using another WiFi and check if the issue persists. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Nivana,

I have tried another wifi and problems persist.

The lag is consistent but is most noticeable during virtual desktop and gaming.

The only recent change would be to Windows 11. However I feel like the issues started weeks after the upgrade.

Thanks

Matt

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.