Highlighted
AB-94
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 7640 wont print off web

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Purchased new computer, now printer will not print anything off the internet.  If there is a "Print this page" on the site, or if I download a pdf, it will not print. It will print things that I create in programs or have stored. Someone said to check the permissions.  Where do I find that?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,553 17,544 1,160 1,818
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 7640 wont print off web

@AB-94,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues printing from the internet.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Have you tried using a different browser like Chrome or Mozilla?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Press the "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type %temp% and press ok.

Note what the full path is  (in my case, it was "C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Temp")

Go up one level in the directory tree

Right-click on the temp directory (in my case, "C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local"), and select "Properties"

Go to the Security tab, and select "Users" from the group or user names

Click "Edit"

Select Users, then check the box by "Full Control"

Click "Apply"

You may get a whole bunch of error messages about inheritance, just hold down the Enter key until they all go away.

Click "Cancel" a couple of times to dismiss the properties boxes

Go forth and print from any application and check.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation