Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop - 15-ep0012nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought HP Envy laptop with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz built-in network adapter. Wi-Fi internet speed is problematic. Theoretical, my max internet speed provided my internet provider is 250 Mbps for downloading and 25 Mbps for uploading. I use a router set to use 5 GHz Wi-Fi. Speed on my phone is almost max supported, i.e. about 240 / 24. However, speedtest.net shows only 140-160 / 10-14 Mbps on Windows 10 installed on HP Envy laptop.  I read this Solved: Re: Spectre X360 AX201 - HP Support Community - 7302389 and when I did a system restore, the speed increased and that was great, even went to 244 / 24.5 Mbps. Unfortunately, after restarting, speed was back to previous bad one. I tried system restore two times and for both cases, speed was great, but only until the laptop turns off or restarts. I tried also Ubuntu live distribution and there was very good speed, above 230 / 24 Mbps, So, it seems that this is something specific for Windows 10 or network drivers, and it's not up to hardware. Current installed drivers of the network adapter have version 22.10.0.7 from 20/10/2020. Also, I run network tests through HP PC Hardware Diagnostics app and all tests passed.

How to solve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@savicmi

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the internet connection speed.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you uninstall the wireless driver from the device manager and then download and install the driver from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103641.exe

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@savicmi

Follow the steps in the below article to reinstall Windows on your computer.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.