Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy m7-n101dx Intel ac 7265 dual band slow wireless performance

HP Envy m7-n101dx notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue I am having. I have a HP Envy m7-n101dx notebook with an Intel ac 7265 dual band wireless adapter running 64bit Windows 10.  The wifi speed is very poor. I have an arris surfboard 6900ac modem/router. I have 300 mb/s internet service. Wired the modem gets about 350 mb/s. On wifi on the 5gz band I have a macbook that regulary gets 180-240 mb/s speeds. I also have a 5 plus year old macbook that gets 150-180 mb/s speeds. Our phones get 100-150 mb/s speeds. But this computer usually only gets about 50-80 mb/s speeds. Often it can dip below those speeds. If I open my router to 8 channels, the speeds will drop to about 8 mb/s.  Very rarely will it get upto 100 mb/s speeds. But it never gets close to the speeds it is rated to get.  I was wondering if anyone was having the same problem and if they have a solution? I have updated drivers, rolled drivers back, dowloaded directly from the intel site, and deleted and reinstalled the network adapter. Nothing has worked.

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17327 1397 2398
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy m7-n101dx Intel ac 7265 dual band slow wireless performance

@mac1780

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you :)

As I understand the HP Envy m7-n101dx Intel ac 7265 dual band slow wireless performance,

Here's a complete list of steps that seems to have helped many at the HP Forums community: Click here

For a related HP Forums post: Click here

Keep me posted,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation