Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Model 15t-j100
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have 2 pairs of Bluetooth ear-buds, (Taotronics SoundElite 71, and Taotronics TT-BH072). I also have 2 HP M557 Bluetooth mice.  None of these will pair with this HP Envy. The ear-buds work perfectly with iPhones, and iPads, and an HP Spectre (Win 10), they are recognized and pair immediately.

All these devices are shown in "Devices and Printers", with correct names and models numbers. If I right-click a mouse in Devices and Printers I get the properties with all the settings and options. it just doesn't work. If I do all this with the ear-buds it's the same, everything is okay, but they don't work. Troubleshooting cannot detect the problem.

I suspect that the problem has been there since the laptop was new, but at that time I had no Bluetooth devices so I would not have been aware of it. Is there a driver that could be causing the problem, or or needs to be updated?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@David12228 

It a CTO machine, we do not have its specs. It may not have Bluetooth hardware at all. Please use Device Manager to see what is it Wireless adapter ? Which one is on the following list ?

• Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11bgn 1×1 WiFi Adapter (select models only)
  • Qualcomm QCA9565 802.11bgn 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter (select models only)
  • Ralink RT3290LE 802.11bgn 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter (select models only)
  • Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn 1×1 WiFi Adapter (select models only)
  • Broadcom BCM 4352 802.11 ac 2×2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter (select models only)
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 802.11 bgn 2x2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter (select models only).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, however, Bluetooth is listed in Device Manager and it is shown as "working properly". I tried to update the driver, but only got, "The best driver software for your device is already installed."

So this machine has Bluetooth, it is working according to Windows, but it's not working. Any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.