Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Folio 9470m Bluetooth device not getting listed in search option in Windows 10. I tried to install HP connection manager but it says the system is not adequate. It is not getting installed. I tried to update and also removed the BT driver and installed back. Still not working. I own 3 same laptops. One of them has Ubuntu as a dual boot OS. The BT is working fine there. Please help me to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the notebook came with W7, most likely the Bluetooth was turned off in the connection manager when the notebook was upgraded to W10.

Since the connection manager software does not work on W10 (as you found out), the BT is permanently disabled.

Since you are familiar with Ubuntu, there is an easy fix.

Boot from your Ubuntu installer.

Select the option to 'Try Ubuntu without installing.'

Turn on the Bluetooth in Ubuntu.

Shut down the PC, remove the installer.

Turn the PC back on, and when you get into Windows, the BT should be present.

You may need to wait until W10 installs the driver for it so that you can actually use the Bluetooth.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.